French Language Institute for International Students - IEFE
Number of students : 150 per term on average / about 75 in July
Number of teachers : 23
Campus : Pau
French as a Foreign Language
- Courses on French language and civilisation for international students, and courses for specific purposes
- Language support for international students enrolled on a UPPA course (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate), in Pau and Bayonne
- Examination with various components on knowledge of French, for international students, and an expert opinion on their ability to follow their selected courses in French
- Courses are organised to train teachers from abroad who teach French language and civilisation
University Diplomas (DU)
- Certificate in French, Language of Communication: for ERASMUS students and all international students at UPPA - 2 sessions per year.
- Diploma for acceptance on French courses in science and technology - 1 session per year:
- course: acceptance at Bachelor’s level 1,
- course: acceptance at Bachelor’s level 3,
- course: acceptance at Master’s level.
- Diploma for acceptance on a Master’s course in French as a Foreign Language UPPA,
- Diploma for acceptance on French courses in Art.
University Diplomas in French Studies (DUEF)
- DUEF A1,
- DUEF A2,
- DUEF B1,
- DUEF B2,
- DUEF C1,
- DUEF C2.
- Test of knowledge of French (TCF) - 1 session per year
- Elementary / Advanced Diploma in French (DELF, DALF) - 2 sessions per year
- Diploma in Professional French (DFP) Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris - 2 sessions per year. The IEFE is also an official exam centre for CCIP exams.